Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Attempts at Mixed Media Art

Ever wanna try something new but just too scared to try?  Well, that’s me.  I’m a big o Oscar Meyer Weiner with great legs!  I know psycologically that “if at first you don’t succeed, try try again” but the cliche doesn’t often get used in my life.
Insert Christy Tomlinson, mixed media artist extraordinare.  I think I found her on Youtube but I follow her wonderful blog now. Anyway, if you’ve ever wanted to try mixed media, this is your go-to gal. She talks alot and is very funny, messy and talented. Best of all she's done many videos that  make everything look so easy that it will give you the boost you need to jump in.  I finally did and I’m proud to say that I’m less Oscar Meyer :)  Below you’ll see my first attempts. I followed Christy a bit too closely but I’m now confident that I can use her techniques and find my own niche.

I branched out a little from the canvas to these other projects.



Thanks for letting me share!
Love yuns,
Tee

No comments:

Post a Comment