Friday, June 22, 2012

My Primitive Roots

I fell in love with the Primitive style about 15 years ago. I was in a very close online sharing group. One of the girls directed us to the Prim Mart Community. I didn't play with many dolls as a child but these funky dolls stole my heart. I had to have them! WAIT, I had to learn to sew so I could MAKE them.

Mr. T and I were in line at Wal-Mart within a week, buying my 1st sewing machine. He said to me, "of all the things I never expected to buy you, this is it."  We brought home the new contraption. I took out the manual and was instantly frozen. I had only sewn for a couple of months during High School Homemaker class, I earned an A in cooking and an F in sewing, lol. My biggest dilemma was how to thread the darn thing! Arrows here, arrows there, what??? Mr. T kindly stepped in, figured it out, taught me and I was off and still going. I won't bore you with pics from my 1st efforts but I'll say that it took at least a year before I made anything worthy of selling.

Fast forward 15 years. Through trial and error I finally found my niche and even have a small following of loyal customers. I make and sell white dolls but my niche turned out to be extreme-grungy-black dolls.  Below are my latest babies. I've bought prolly 100 different patterns but I rarely use them, lol. They were great learning tools.




Closer to fall I'll be sharing the other crazy primitives I make for shows. For now I'm focused, okay,  obsessed with Shabby Chic furniture re-dos.

Thanks for letting me share!
Love yuns,
Tee

No comments:

Post a Comment