Saturday, June 23, 2012

Distressing a Stressful Side Table

This little sweetie was NO quick flip. It had been painted with that old hard as nails speckled black paint and apparently varnished a few times for good measure. I’m just learning about picking the right pieces for quick turnovers and I failed on this one :(
I sanded with my trusty vibrating thingy until I felt like I had Parkinsons.  BTW, isn't this a flattering photo?

A friend was over working on some of her own things. She took a few turns at the vibrating thingy. As you can see in the picture below, she wasn’t impressed. Do you friends have birds growing out of their hands? All mine seem too :)
Here she sits in our mall booth, much purrtier than when she was discovered. I think I paid $3 and she sold about the 3rd day for $29.99. That's the kind of DE-stressing I can handle!

Thanks for letting me share!
Love yuns,
Tee

1 comment:

  1. Hi sweetie..you commented on my two tone desk makeover but you are a no reply commenter....:) So I tracked you down..Yes the 2 tone sells...I think people at least here in Michigan like it. It sells..:P
    Hugs and keep having fun and loving what you do.
    Karin
    www.artisbeauty.net

    ReplyDelete