Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Waterslide Decal project via The Polka Dot Closet

I'm very lucky to be cyber-pals with the talented Ms. Carol over at the Polka Dot Closet.  She has inspired this rusty old bucket to explore and try her hand at Shabby Chic. Carol is extremely generous with her tutorials!  Below I'm going to show you what I did with Waterslides. I've never done a tutorial before so it's best to learn from the best. Go see Carol's tutorial here The Polka Dot Closet

1. Select the piece you want to decorate. Purchase and print your waterslide decals. Carol sells Waterslides from her store; link on top left of her blog.
This is the piece I chose.
I painted it white then distressed the edges with brown shoe polish.

2. Cut out your waterslide design. You don’t have to cut really close because the background is transparent. Soak your design in warm water for 15-20 seconds.  You’ll feel the design separating from the back paper.


3. I believe that Carol suggests that you take the design from water to a paper towel but it worked better for me to go from water to piece. The water allows you some play time. Once the piece is in place, dab off the excess water and smooth the decal with a credit card to remove any bubbles.



4. Voila, you're done! Amazingly simple and FAST. Even I can do it :)
Here’s the piece sitting in my Antique Mall Booth.

Tnanks for letting me share!
Love yuns,
Tee

No comments:

Post a Comment